Monday, November 22, 2010

Pro-democracy is back in Burma

  This painting is drawn by pierre subleyras and it's called as "justice". I could possibly say that the woman is showing Aung San Suu Kyi and what she's holding is Burma's justice and freedom. 


  Aung San Suu Kyi is 65 years old this year and also a former General Secretary of National League for Democracy. In the 1990 general elections her National League for Democracy had won 51% of the citizens. However she was under a house arrest when she got elected. She was under house arrest until 13 November 2010. She was in a house arrest for 15 years. She knew that if she remained silence she could have been released faster and live a peaceful life but she didn't, she never remained silence and stood up for the peoples in Burma. When she was released Burmese citizens went and wore a shirt written "We Support You Suu Kyi"it was really touching.Her facial expression looked as it that house arrest is nothing for my people. She looked peaceful and happy. She had made a great decisions in her life, perhaps a sacrifice. She had decide is she going to protect her family or Burma. She sacrificed her husband and protected Burma while her husband was dieing.It was a great sacrifice she made to remain standing up for the freedom of the Burmese citizens. She could have just give up after her husband died but, she worked even harder to get back the freedom of the citizens.  She didn't sacrifice for herself but, just for freedom, peace and the law. She values everyone's idea and their freedom. She is making people to stand up for what is not right. After I read her story and her speech I asked my self "Did I ever made a difficult decisions or a great sacrifice like her? " I said no of course. Maybe the reason why is I am too young or that I never stood up for other people who needs help. My decisions until now was only "what should I buy?","Where should I go for holiday?" and the some other simple decisions." I think I should be active politically. Because I look upon myself as a politician. That's not a dirty work you know. Some people think that there are something wrong with politicians. Of course, something wrong with some politicians." is one of Aung San Suu Kyi's quote. She calls herself as a politician and she tells that politicians are some wrong. She is not scared to say the government criticizing words if it benefits her society, community and the freedom of her people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment